Usage statistics covering the period from 1995 through the present for the HRS Web site and the HRS User Registration/File Distribution System may be found below. A 12-month detailed record is supplemented by a yearly summary table.
|12 Month Data Summary|
|Year/Month||Visits||User Registrations||Concordance Searches||Bibliography Searches||Notes|
|Jun 2017||11,254||77,482||150||27,502||2,087||2,087||6,350||51,471||As of June 2017, Concordance visit counts are based on Google pageviews|
|Year||Visits||User Registrations||Concordance Searches||Bibliography Searches||Notes|
|2017||156,981||156,981||2,289||28,678||21,818||21,818||75,089||91,474||(1) Jan 2017 - Site visit counts based on Google sessions; (2) June 2017 - new version of concordance|
|2016||254,456||1,596,221||2,978||26,389||39,509||254,760||16,376||16,376||Bibliography counts based on new version implemented in September|
|2014||252,576||1,054,950||2,395||20,846||33,157||179,240||20,252||60,242||Data for December 1-6 missing|
|2009||92,591||92,591||998||10,119||17,601||17,601||3,162||3,162||April 2009 to December 2009|
|Year||Site Accesses||User Registrations||Concordance Hits||Bibliography Hits||Notes|
|2009||27,414||722,890||355||9,121||6,108||62,613||1,717||18,276||January 2009 to March 2009|
|2006||91,063||490,879||1,248||6,106||10,297||10,297||3,790||3,790||Concordance and Bibliography totals were reset as of 2/1/2006|
|2002||48,919||196,215||873||1,214||1,854||1,854||n.a.||n.a.||Sept-Oct main page stats not available|
|2001||48,526||147,296||871/341||871/5,695||n.a.||n.a.||n.a.||n.a.||New user registration/file distribution system implemented|
|1995||3,978||3,978||308||308||n.a.||n.a.||n.a.||n.a.||Usage statistics collection begun|
- The Visits column (April 2009 and thereafter) shows the number of visits to the site's main page. A visit is initiated when a remote site requests a page on the HRS server for the first time. All requests from that site within a given time period are considered to be part of the same visit. If the site makes a request to your server, and the timeout value has been reached (default is 30 minutes), a new visit is started and counted. (More information here...)
- The Site Accesses column (March 2009 and before) shows the number of hits on the main index page (not counting hits to any other page on the site). From February 1995 through August 2000, this number was collected by a graphic hit counter. From September 2000 through August 2002, the number was determined from the log analysis provided by the University of Michigan. From November 2002 through March 2009, the number was determined from information generated from ISR server logs using Webalizer. From April 2009 through December 2016 main index hit counts were replaced by visits as reported by Webalizer. In January 2017, site visit counts were replaced by Google session countss.
- The User Registrations column reflects the number of new usernames submitted as part of the registration process for access to HRS public data. Note: The current file download system was introduced on 1 January 2001. Registration is mandatory for all public data users.
- As of June 2017 the Concordance column is based on Google pageviews. Prior to June 2017, the column showed the total number of searches; i.e., calls to the Concordance search engine. For the period 1 February 2006 through 30 April 2009, this column showed the total number of hits for the Concordance page. For the period 1 April 2002 through 31 January 2006, this column was called Concordance Server Accesses and showed the number of unique visits to the external server on which the Concordance and Bibliography pages were hosted.
- As of September 2016, the Bibliography column is based on Google pageviews. Prior to September 2016, the column showed the total number of searches; i.e., calls to the Bibliography search engine. For the period 1 February 2006 through 30 April 2009, this column showed the total number of hits for the Bibliography page. Note: Summary information regarding content of Bibliography Database is available here.