New Pension Estimation Program Under Development
September 27, 2002
In response to numerous user requests, the existing pension estimation program is being rewritten using the object-oriented capabilities of Microsoft Visual Studio.NET software. The new release will incorporate a number of new features:
- User Interface: a visually intuitive graphical user interface to the parameters file will allow users to change parameters, set new program defaults or restore original default settings.
- Cash Flows option: this major enhancement will allow users to output a vector of actual cash flows paid to a respondent.
- Output options: users now will have the ability to specify the list of outputs written to the output file. For example, users interested in obtaining estimations for normal retirement benefits, will be able to obtain calculations for this type of benefits only.
- Multiple runs: users will be able to increment certain parameters by user-defined values and perform multiple runs without restarting the application.
- Application Data: all data files (coded plan descriptions, respondent information, parameter file) are moved to Microsoft Access for easy database access.
- Documentation: extensive documentation will be provided.
A more detailed explanation of the new program, including screen views of the user interface, is available.