Debut of Relocated and Updated HRS Web Site
September 1, 2002
As of this date, the HRS Web Site was moved from the University of Michigan Web server system http://www.umich.edu/~hrswww to a system hosted by the Institute for Social Research http://hrsonline.isr.umich.edu
The new site contains all of the content that was available at the old site; however, in some cases, the format of the old pages was revised and/or new information added. In addition, the navigation menus have been streamlined, 'dead' links have been corrected, and HTML code brought up to date.
New features of the site:
- The site map page has been reformated to assist navigation.
- A new search page (Google-based) was added to replace SwishGate.
- A "Background Information" page was created to provide a consolidated source for study design, sampling, response rate and content information.
- The "What's Available" page (under the Data Section) now links to pages containing a detailed breakdown of data products by interview year.
- A "Help Desk" page has been added to assist users in formulating questions for HRSquest. Future plans call for this page to provide FAQ information.
- A special page (under the Documentation Section) has been added for Module Descriptions.
- Additional prominence has been given to the "User Guides" page.
If you find any problems with the new site, please report to us by email at our help desk address, firstname.lastname@example.org.