Web Site Additions and Changes » Changes for...
Important Note: This list of changes is provided for historical purposes only. Site modifications may have been superseded, publications updated, links rendered inactive, and navigation paths altered or deleted.
- The Online Bibliography has been updated. The current reference count is 1563 (newspaper and magazine references not included), of which 842 are journal articles.
- The Restricted Data Product List has been modified to remove references to deprecated and obsolete SSA administrative data sets.
- The Online Bibliography has been updated. The current reference count is 1527 (newspaper and magazine references not included), of which 814 are journal articles.
- The Concordance database has been updated with metadata from HRS 2008 Core (Early).
- Minor changes have been made in the way Concordance cross-reference information is displayed.
- Psycho-social questions in the 2004, 2006 and 2008 Leave-Behind Questionnaire have been tagged with a domain-expert vocabulary.
- A recent analysis of URL links to articles contained in the Online Bibliography has revealed that a significant number are broken or inaccurate. The direct link feature has been removed until this situation can be fixed.
- The application procedures section of the HRS Medicare Claims and Summary Data page has been modified to correctly describe the CMS Data Use Agreement process.
- The Site Statistics page has been modified to reflect recent changes in site design. Site traffic is now measured by visits in place of front page hits. Measurement of Concordance and Bibliography usage has also changed: search counts (cgi-bin calls) have replaced page hit counts.
- The new version went live at midnight on March 31, 2009. For an overview of the site's features, you may wish to visit the Introduction page.
A new version of the HRS Web site is under development, and is scheduled for release sometime in the next few weeks.
The new site will have the same content as the current site. The main changes are:
- Additional site navigation options.
- Document finder feature.
- Improved maintainability.
- New layout and color scheme.
- The Participant Web Site has been upgraded to include a new user interface, new "look and feel", and additional/updated content. Visitors can select an English or Spanish version of the site.