Web Site Additions and Changes » Changes for...
Important Note: This list of changes is provided for historical purposes only. Site modifications may have been superseded, publications updated, links rendered inactive, and navigation paths altered or deleted.
2005 Change Log
December 21, 2005:
- The Online Bibliography database was last updated on October 14, 2005. A new update is scheduled for January 2006.
December 2, 2005:
- The Site Statistics page was not updated for October 2005. This omission has been corrected as part of the November 2005 update.
November 18, 2005:
- The Questionnaires page has been redesigned to improve legibility and to accommodate future added content.
September 20, 2005:
- Sample size and response rate information is now available for 2002 and 2004.
August 22, 2005:
- All metadata pages ( What's Available, Data Descriptions, Codebooks, Module Descriptions )have been revised to include content derived from the HRS 2004 Core Early Release. Changes have also been made to the Concordance and to the HRS File Merge Cross-Reference Table
- An important design goal for this Web site is that it should be accessible to color-blind users. Accordingly, the Data Flow and HRS File Merge Cross-Reference Table pages have been redesigned using tools provided by the Colorblind Color Laboratory site. Please let us know if these pages don't work for you.
August 2, 2005:
- The Questionnaires page has been revised to include the HRS 2004 Core paper and pencil sections.
- The HUMS 2001 Tuition Imputations data set has been added to the list of restricted data products.
July 7, 2005:
- The Papers and Publications page has been revised and simplified.
- The user interface for the Online Bibliography (a.k.a. Dynamic Bibliogaphy) has been extensively reworked. The new HTML form design improves usability by grouping selection tools according to function.
June 30, 2005:
- The Documentation Report Series page has been updated to reflect new and changed publications.
June 17, 2005:
- The Health and Retirement Study Bibliography and its companion, the Dynamic Bibliography have been updated; the publication database now contains information on 1006 journal articles, working papers, dissertations, books, book chapters, and items in the popular press.
May 26, 2005:
- Documentation Errata: HRS 1994 Imputation File (Version 3.0): Merging H94I_KID with W2KIDS
- The HRS File Merge Cross-Reference Table has been modified to reflect updated merge rules for HRS public and restricted data files.
April 12, 2005:
- Documentation Errata: 1994 HRS Core (Wave 2, Final, Version 2.0) -- Additional Codes for W2E Variables
March 28, 2005:
- The Online Concordance has been updated with metadata for the recently released HRS 2000 Exit (Final v1.0) data set.
- The Health and Retirement Study Bibliography and its companion, the Dynamic Bibliography have been updated; the publication database now contains information on 971 journal articles, working papers, dissertations, books, book chapters, and items in the popular press.
March 3, 2005:
- An updated version of Documentation of Cognitive Functioning Measures in the Health and Retirement Study., by Mary Beth Ofstedal, Gwenith G. Fisher, and A. Regula Herzog, is now available on the User Guides page. Please note that this replaces earlier (2001 and 2002) versions of this report.
February 11, 2005:
- An new User Guide, Documentation of Chronic Disease Measures in the Health and Retirement Study (HRS/AHEAD), by Gwenith G. Fisher, Jessica D. Faul, David R. Weir, and Robert B. Wallace, is now available on the User Guides page.
February 4, 2005:
- Plans for the future of HRS: A First Look!
February 1, 2005:
- The Question Concordance has been updated to reflect the final release of HRS 1998 Exit.
- Site statistics have been updated to reflect activity through January 31, 2005.
January 12, 2005:
- Additional changes have been made to the
- Box and Arrow representations of the 2004 data collection instrument have been added.
- Sections A and M have been updated for 2002.
- The Online Concordance now links variables contained in HRS 1992 and HRS 1994 retrieval sets to their codebook counterparts. Look for the Xref link in the retrieval set returned by your query. Note: There are known bad links in the 1992 and 1994 codebooks. This problem is being resolved.
January 5, 2005:
- Machine-generated representations of the original AHEAD 1995 SurveyCraft specification files have been added to the Questionnaires page. Note that these documents are not constructed in the traditional 'box and arrow' format.
[Change Log: Current]
[Change Log: 2007]
[Change Log: 2006]
[Change Log: 2004]
[Change Log: 2003]
[Change Log: 2002]
[Change Log: 2001]
[Change Log: 2000]
[Change Log: 1999]
[Change Log: 1998]
[Change Log: 1997]
[Change Log: 1996]
[Change Log: 1995]