Web Site Additions and Changes » Changes for...
Important Note: This list of changes is provided for historical purposes only. Site modifications may have been superseded, publications updated, links rendered inactive, and navigation paths altered or deleted.
2004 Change Log
December 23, 2004:
- An new User Guide, Documentation of Physical Functioning Measures in the Health and Retirement Study and the Asset and Health Dynamics among the Oldest Old Study, by Stephanie Fonda and A. Regula Herzog, is now available on the User Guides page.
- The Health and Retirement Study Bibliography and its companion, the Dynamic Bibliography have been updated; the publication database now contains information on 928 items.
October 19, 2004:
- The Health and Retirement Study Bibliography and its companion, the Dynamic Bibliography have been updated to reflect recent publications based on the analysis of HRS data. The publication database now contains information on 907 items.
- Master Codes have been added to the codebook information for Core Biennial HRS files. The master code lists are referred to by other areas of the codebook since they are too long to include in the codeframe. Master code lists include such information as Health Conditions, Occupation Codes, Industry Codes, and State and Country Codes.
- The HRS Web Log has been removed from the site.
October 8, 2004:
- The Family Data resource pages have been updated to reflect the re-release of HRS 1992 and HRS 1994. Visit Overview: Creating Parent Files with One Record Per Respondent to view changes.
- Cross-reference information for masked variables has been added to Core 1995, 1996, 1998, 2000 and 2002 records in the Question Concordance.
September 27, 2004:
- The Question Concordance has been updated to reflect the final release of HRS 2002 Core.
- An additional Question Concordance change involves retrievals that include AHEAD 1993 questions. These now link directly to the Codebook, allowing users to see question text, user notes, frequencies, and codeframes.
September 24, 2004:
- Minor revisions (including reformatting) have been made to these documentation pages: Data Descriptions; Codebooks; Questionnaires; Imputations.
August 19, 2004:
- Researchers who are using or who intend to use HRS restricted data should be aware that new information has
been added to pages relating to workstation and network security:
- The Restricted Data Environment: Issues Relating to Network-Connected Client
- Technical Guidelines for Protection of HRS Restricted Data
- Maintaining Respondent Privacy and Anonymity: Guidelines for HRS Restricted Data Users
- New procedures have been put in place for obtaining access to restricted Medicare claims and summary data. See Summary of the Medicare Data Release Process for details.
August 13, 2004:
- Users of the Dynamic Bibliography page may now select multiple content areas.
- The HRS File Merge Cross-Reference Table has been modified to include new information on public files that may be merged with restricted SSA earnings and benefits data.
July 20, 2004:
- The Overview of Health and Retirement Study Components has been modified to include a description of the "steady-state" version of HRS that was introduced in 1998.
July 1, 2004:
- An additional Data Use Guide has been added to the User Guides page in the Data Use Guides section. The document, entitled An Elementary Cookbook of Data Management using HRS Data with SPSS, SAS and Stata Examples, is designed to provide novice analysts with step by step examples that demonstrate how to carry out common data management tasks.
June 30, 2004:
- The Supplemental Agreement with Research Staff for use of HRS/AHEAD Restricted Data has been modified. Restricted data applicants should be sure to use the new form.
June 17, 2004:
- The 2003 Consumption and Activities Mail Survey (CAMS) has been added to the Questionnaires page.
- New and improved abstract freetext search feature added to the Concordance. Users may now retrieve metadata records that have question text, labels or detail information containing all words in a list, a phrase, and/or any word in a list.
May 18, 2004:
- New and improved abstract freetext search feature added to the Dynamic Bibliography page. Users may now search for citations containing all words in a list, a phrase, and/or any word in a list.
March 24, 2004:
- Links to questionnaire files (in PDF format) for the 1999 HRS Mailout and the 2001 Consumption and Activities Mail Survey (CAMS) have been added to the Questionnaires page.
March 17, 2004:
- HRS variable cross-reference information has been added to selected records in the On-Line Concordance database. This experimental feature allows users to compare similar questions across waves for years 1995 through 2002. Look for the Xref link in the retrieval set returned by your query
February 13, 2004:
- Site Statistics page modified; now displays information only about the recent past.
February 10, 2004:
January 14, 2004:
- Web log added to site.
January 6, 2004:
- The site activity summary table has been updated for 2003.
- Dynamic Bibliography Content Area search routines updated.
[Change Log: Current]
[Change Log: 2007]
[Change Log: 2006]
[Change Log: 2005]
[Change Log: 2003]
[Change Log: 2002]
[Change Log: 2001]
[Change Log: 2000]
[Change Log: 1999]
[Change Log: 1998]
[Change Log: 1997]
[Change Log: 1996]
[Change Log: 1995]