Data Products » Restricted Data » The Renewal Process
Once the date specified in your contractual agreement for access to HRS restricted data has passed, you are required to return or destroy the original restricted data and all derived data files.
If you choose to destroy the data, we will need a counter-signed statement confirming the destruction of the restricted files. For information on data destruction methods, review the suggestions in the HRS document Data Destruction Policy and Procedures. You may also wish to contact your local Information Technology department.
If you would like to retain access to HRS restricted data, you will need to provide the following information to us.
- Detail of changes or modifications in the research and/or data protection plans.
- Progress report, including a justification of why an extension is needed
- Copy of and citations for any papers, publications or presentations using the restricted data
- Proof of current federal funding
- Proof of current IRB approval (these must be renewed annually with local IRB throughout the course of the project; only a copy of the current renewal is needed)
- Updated list of authorized users under the agreement. A Supplemental User Agreement must be completed and signed for each new user. To remove an authorized user from your project, submit a Supplemental User Termination Form.
- Complete address information (state, city, street, building, office/room number) for data storage and access locations
If you have questions about the recertification process or have technical concerns related to your data protection plan, contact the HRS Restricted Data Applications Processing team via electronic mail. You may also reach us via fax, courier, or postal mail.
|Electronic Mail||HRS Restricted Data Applications Processing (email@example.com)|
|Postal Address||HRS Restricted Data Application Processing|
Survey Research Center
P.O. Box 1248
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48106-1248
|Courier Address||HRS Restricted Data Application Processing|
Survey Research Center
426 Thompson Street, Room 3410
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104-2321
|Note: We assign an HRS Project Number for use in tracking your application as it moves through the review
Please include this Project Number on all correspondence.