Data Products » Restricted Data » The Renewal Process
Once the date specified in your contractual agreement for access to HRS restricted data has passed, you are required to return or destroy the original restricted data and all derived data files.
If you choose to destroy the data, we will need a counter-signed statement confirming the destruction of the restricted files.
If you would like to retain access to this data, you will need to provide the following information to us.
- Detail of changes or modifications in the research and/or data protection plans. (We will provide a copy of the approved documents from the initial application process for your information)
- Progress report, including a justification of why an extension is needed
- Copy of and citations for any papers, publications or presentations using the restricted data
- Proof of current federal funding
- Proof of current IRB approval (these must be renewed annually with local IRB throughout the course of the project; only a copy of the current renewal is needed)
- Updated list of authorized users under the agreement. We will provide a list of users based on your submissions to our files; you may use this list to remove users, but not to add new users. A Supplemental User Agreement must be completed and signed for each new user.
- Complete address information (state, city, street, building, office/room number) for data storage and access locations
If your agreement is due to expire and you have questions
about the renewal process, contact:
If you have questions about your data protection plan,
about data management issues, or if you have a
technical problem, contact: