Introduction » Sensitive Health Data
|Data Collection Year||Dataset Name||Field Period||Latest Release|
|2009||2009 Health and Well-Being Study (HWB) (Early V1.0)||Oct 2009 – May 2010||Sep 2012|
|2008||The Aging, Demographics, and Memory Study (ADAMS) Wave D (V8.0)||Jan 2008 – Dec 2009||Apr 2013|
|2008||2008 Biomarker Data (Final V1.0)||Mar 2008 – Feb 2009||Apr 2013|
|2007||2007 Prescription Drug Study (PDS) (Final V1.0)||Oct 2007 – Sep 2008||Mar 2011|
|2006||2006 Biomarker Data (Final V1.0)||Mar 2006 – Feb 2007||Apr 2013|
|2006||The Aging, Demographics, and Memory Study (ADAMS) Wave C (V8.0)||Jun 2006 – May 2008||Apr 2013|
|2005||2005 Prescription Drug Study (PDS) (Final V1.0)||Aug 2005 – Mar 2006||Nov 2008|
|2003||2003 Diabetes Study (Final V2.0)||Oct 2003 – Aug 2004||Apr 2007|
|2002||The Aging, Demographics, and Memory Study (ADAMS) Wave B (Early V6.0)||Nov 2002 – Apr 2005||Oct 2009|
|2001||The Aging, Demographics, and Memory Study (ADAMS) Wave A (Early V6.0)||Aug 2001 – Jan 2004||Oct 2009|
|2001||The Aging, Demographics, and Memory Study (ADAMS) Cross-Wave Tracker File (Early V7.0)||Aug 2001 – Dec 2009||Dec 2010|
The Health and Retirement Study strives to provide high quality data without compromising respondent confidentiality. Since respondent health data records contain particularly sensitive information, such data products are released to researchers who qualify for access only through a supplemental registration system. Product availability, application steps, and download instructions are described on this page.
How to Apply
- Visit the HRS User Registration/File Download Web site. If you do not already have a username and password, you must register in order to enter the site.
- Identify the desired sensitive health data set(s) under the Requesting HRS Special Access Files heading on the right-hand side of the Data Downloads page.
- For each data set, download and complete the appropriate Data Use Agreement in hardcopy format. (Click here to see a sample DUA)
- Send a signed copy of the agreement via surface mail or fax to:
Health and Retirement Study
DUA Review Committee
426 Thompson Street, 4124 MS
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104-2321
The Approval Process
The Health and Retirement Study will review your request, and based on the information that you provided when you registered at the HRS User Registration/File Download Web site, verify your identity and institutional affiliation. Once this authentication process has been completed to our satisfaction, we will authorize access to the desired data set(s). We will communicate with you at the email address that you provided when you registered at the File Download Web site.
- Once you receive your approval notification, login at the HRS User Registration/File Download Web site.
- In the HRS Special Access Files box on the right hand side of the page you will now see links to the data set(s) that you have requested.
- Click on the appropriate link and follow instructions to download the file(s) you need.
Copyright © 2013 The Regents of the University of Michigan