HRS 1998 Final Core: Detailed Comparison of Variables in Version 1 and Version 2
The recently released HRS 1998 Final Core Data Release, Version 2, May 2003 contains some variables not included in the previous, version 1, release.
- Certain variables that were previously included in the respondent-level coversheet file are now included in the household-level coversheet file.
- Several open-ended questions were not coded during the initial round of coding;
these variables were not included in version 1 of the HRS 1998 Final Core Data Release but are included in version 2.
720 CS25b.FACILITY WHERE LIVE 731 CS33.CURRENT RESIDENCE 736 CS35.OTH RESIDENCE CITY/STATE 1243 B19. OTHER HEALTH 4023 GD1f. CAUSE PROB 4054 GD12d.OCCUPATION 4055 GD12e.INDUSTRY 4318 GJ40.OCCUPATION 4319 GJ41.INDUSTRY 4359 GJ61.OCCUPATION 4360 GJ62.INDUSTRY 4394 GJ80.OCCUPATION 4395 GJ81.INDUSTRY 4408 GJ90.PREVIOUS WAVE WORK DONE 4409 GJ91.INDUSTRY
- Included in version 2 are three variables that were not included in version 1.
1029 A26A.HAVE YOU ALWAYS LIVED AT RES 1031 A26C.YEARS LIVED MAIN HU AREA 1032 A26C.SINCE YEAR LIVE MAIN HU
- Three variables were added or corrected which incorporate changes noted in data alerts for version 1.
F11A HHMEM REL TO IDFM - UPDATED - CORRECTED F1156A B7. HEART CONDITION F987A A3.R EDUCATION - COMBINED
- Also added in version 2 are a number of variables that, while not of particular substantive interest, are used in assignment statements or are referenced in INAP text.
A complete list of variables not in Version 1 or not in Version 2 is available.
Please contact HRS Questions via Help Desk at our Web site or via e-mail to email@example.com if you have any questions.